corner wall crack fixing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My garden wall has developed some cracks from subsiding. There was a big tree nearby which was removed last year. Some smaller cracks are in the middle of the wall and a big one from top to bottom in the corner. I started from the main body of the wall, cleaning the cracks and pouring mortar inside the crack with mortar gun. I will install some wall crack stitching bars in the horizontal brick joints. I do a crack every weekend so the mortar in the first crack is set before moving to the next one.
//www.diynot.com/network/svouts/albums/
The big question is what is the best way to fix the big crack in the corner? I was thinking to make a small frame in the corner with a 20cm wide plank to form a triangular frame along the edge of the wall corner. Then pour concrete inside from the top so it goes inside the crack and forms a kind of thin pillar/buttress in the corner? Any ideas?

PS: I am not sure how to show the wall photo?

Sponsored Links
Fixing expamet lath to the corner would normally be sufficient after fitting the crack ties, unless the wall is leaning then pouring a butt wouldnt do any harm.

Just to add that the wall is 2m tall
url] [img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back