corners

M

marsaday

I have a few corners to plaster in my attic. The normal trowel will not fit here. So do i just use a small pointing trowel for these bits ?

Sponsored Links
I have a few corners to plaster in my attic. The normal trowel will not fit here. So do i just use a small pointing trowel for these bits ?
you can use anything i use trowel margins but also i use a scraper, actually my stailess steel flexible scraper is my prefered choice.

relatively inexpensive and handy to have .

Of the two, I find I get more use for the mini-trowel. I tend not to do wet internal corners if I can avoid it.

I also find a mini-trowel useful for applying easi-fill.

Steve's tips on margin trowels etc I would also go with. I have a set and they do get used. Will try out the scraper in the future also.

Sponsored Links
I wanna see JR with a fully loaded hawk in one hand applying plaster with a credit card!! :LOL:

haha is the only way i can stop the misses from spending on it. but seriously though thier perfect just lay on each coat and leave the little akward bits till the end then with the raggles you have left from each coat touch in the peices that you need to wit the cards.
had a job the other day where they had had a plasterer in and he kept leaving all the little bits saying " the decorator will get over it" to the client, they asked me to finish the job as they had sacked him off and there was ALOT of little peices credit card into the lot sorted them out and got me a £50 tip, cnt argue with that can i, as you can guess they were well happy with the job (helps that the other guys finish was toot). this other spread had done the rendering aswell :eek: there was no words to describe how bad it looked

save your old cerdit/bank/store cards these are ideal for getting into tight spaces and you can cut them down to whatever shape you need

Spot on JR,,,, exactly what i do,, and if you put some mesh tape over the narrow bits of wall first, it makes it a lot easier to spread the plaster with the card. The mesh tape helps "grab" the plaster as you spread over it with the thin piece of card. You still need the pva though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back