Corrado Repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people,
can you please let me know if the following faults on a Corrado are major expenses:

Slight wear on engine mount
New door locks

I have been offered the car for a good price but don't know if getting these two things sorted is going to cost me a fortune or not.

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

The Corrado is the 1.8i 16v, 1992 and has only done 120k. It has full service history and other than the mount and door lock, everything on it is in full working order. I have driven it and there are no rattles etc and am quite excited about getting it. Was just worried about the cost of these repairs.

I've just spent £630 getting a 1991 Golf 16V through an Mot so get ready for some big bills. :D Welding amongst other things believe it or not!

Sponsored Links
The thing has cruised through an MOT recently and has had no expense spared when work has been done. So hopefully if I can keep on top of things I won't get any nasty suprises come next MOT!

You lucky f**k*r!!!!
They're pretty bulletproof if you keep them service every 6k, genuine oil filter only though!!!!
Keep a spare fuel pump relay in the car as these are prone to failure.
Parts are pretty cheap (even genuine stuff) and are pretty easy to fix.

Pre 1992 you have to go to the main dealer or scrap yard.

Just got a quote from the local VW garage and I nearly fell of my chair!! Never mind though!

do a google for steven's VW dismantlers in london, or look on ebay

Sponsored Links
Back