"Corral side" of a fence

rlc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A "colleague" having seen a picture of my last few weekends hard work informs me that I have erected my fence incorrectly as I have the "corral side" facing the neighbours garden...having never heard of this and guessing on the spelling I wonder if the term is correct....he informed me this is convention??..the fence is separation between neighbours garden to provide some privacy.... Could someone tell me if he is correct and is it convention??.....

Thanks ~rlc

Sponsored Links
convention with fencing is or used to be the good side faced towards the neighbours. It made it easy to identify who was responsible for which fence. In this day and age with people paying so much for it they tend to choose the side they prefer, so the convention is dying out. youve paid for it, youve put it up so have the side you want!

Thermo said:
youve paid for it, youve put it up so have the side you want!

didn't think of it in those simple terms Thermo......I like that reply a lot & will repeat those words tomorrow morning :D

Sponsored Links
If it helps, we had both sides and bottom of garden fence replaced, the very nice man who did it said almost the same thing (not to mention it was easier for him to fix the tall bits to the rolph's)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back