Correct cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Please find below the pics of 2 mixer tap ceramic cartridges in my possession.

The left one is from the existing mixer tap, the right is the 1/2 inch one bought from B&Q. The right one goes into the tap but not all the way (due to a hole in the tap base for the extra pointed length of cartridge on the LHS). Please also note the difference of splines at the top between the two.

Could someone please advise the right cartridge for my taps and where to get them from.

Thanks..

imag0104zp.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Sponsored Links
For starters, the one on the left is not a ceramic disc cartridge. It has a tap washer on it.

There's something stamped on the original. What does it say?
Is the tap quarter turn? If so the headworks/cartridge is what's sometimes known as 'fastthread'.

Hi Charnwood,

Thanks for your reply. Point noted about ceramic disc cartridges.

I will have to open the tap again and revert with the details of engravings.

The problem with the tap is that it would not shut fully, you would need to shut it, then open it slightly and then shut it again to stop the water dripping.
So its not very smooth towards the end when shutting off and often leaves water dripping if the technique above is not used.

Could you please also advise of the way (s) to mend?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
Hi, Is silicone grease same as thermal heatsink paste (which I already have)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back