Correct extractor fan for windowless ensuite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

so, this kind of narks me;
http://www.screwfix.com/p/xpelair-dx100h-axial-bathroom-extractor-fan-with-humidistat-timer/95442
Why do they not put any useful info on their damned website, so i can make an informed choice? They probably sell more to joe public than they do to trade nowadays so they shouldn't expect you to have expert knowledge of every product you look at.

So, anyway, my 3sqm en suite needs extraction. I have 3 downlighters which i originally thought about having an extractor wired into, but i think the one i linked to may suit better, although due to the lack of info i could be wrong.
I'm assuming that the product in the link senses the humidity of the room and will turn on/off accordingly?
But how would the timer work?
Does it tie in to existing lights?

Can someone in the know pleae advise if this is the right product for me needs?
Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
You will find more info on the Xpelair web site, there are instructions and specifications that can be downloaded. Click here for a link to the DX100 page.

I would ditch the timer/humidistat fan in favour of a standard inline unit controlled with a ceiling mounted sensor switch [they have adjustable timers] that way every time the room is entered the fan runs regardless, humistat only operates when there is humid conditions, you need it to run whenever the room is used.
I have a large 6 inch fan connected to twin air inlets and don't get mold or any condensation in the shower room.

With it being an on suite I can imagine it being a bad head when you need to pop to the toilet in the middle of the night and the fan carries on running when all you want to do is go back to sleep! Why not just have it on it's own pull switch? this means it's on when you want it on and not when your trying to get some shut eye.

Does your on suite have a bath or a shower? If so you will have to notify building control prior to the installation of the fan!

Sponsored Links
En suite does have a bath and shower, Bulding Control can **************buch of wasters!
The very reason we are having an extractor is because BC want £250 to certify us having a small window which costs £250. Not paying £500 for a frikkin window.

But thanks anyway... :mrgreen:

Was thinking of those humidity ones where they kick in when humidity reaches a certain point. But then, when the mrs sends one down the river how do we get rid of the smell?

With it being an on suite I can imagine it being a bad head when you need to pop to the toilet in the middle of the night and the fan carries on running when all you want to do is go back to sleep! Why not just have it on it's own pull switch? this means it's on when you want it on and not when your trying to get some shut eye.

Does your on suite have a bath or a shower? If so you will have to notify building control prior to the installation of the fan!
Have fan mounter in loft, can hardly here it

Was thinking of those humidity ones where they kick in when humidity reaches a certain point. But then, when the mrs sends one down the river how do we get rid of the smell?

You can have it so that the humidity works off the permanent line and you can have a pull switch for normal operation i.e turn on and off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back