Correct Oil Line confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the oil lines to the RDB2.2 burner in my Worcester Greenstar Camray 18/25 kitchen system boiler. Worcester-Bosch have recommended a long-life item part 8-716-115-311-0 and I have purchased two of these on their recommendation.

But the burner oil pump has right angle 1/4 in Female connections (known as Mectron?) whereas the new oil lines I have purchased have right angle 1/4 in Female unions which will only mate with 1/4in Male on an oil pump. I am confused! Have I been recommended the wrong hoses or do I need adaptors to fit to the oil pump? I am obviously anxious to get this right and have previously only used hoses with male pump connections with earlier boilers I have owned, without any problems of this sort!

Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You either need the adaptor, or to purchase the correct oil lines.

Some of the earlier Worcester boilers came with male adaptors on the oil pump; I usually remove these and replace with the male angled hoses on the annual service as it reduces the number of spares on the van. Later Greenstars came without the adaptors and male hoses.

If you have two hoses there is probably a tiger loop somewhere on the system.

I'm not sure why a householder would want to change the oil lines. Oilers need servicing annually and this means new hoses (assuming 5yr LL ones aren't fitted), new nozzle and a recalibration of the combustion using a gas analyser or similar. Just changing the hoses without servicing will lead to disappointment. And mainly soot and breakdowns. They are not like gas boilers, if you leave them, they will soot up. And then it won't be a 'service' you need. It'll be a paper suit and about 3hrs labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back