flexi oil line

R

ringy1

my flexi oil line to my burner is leaking oil but when i went to change it the nut that is connecting into the oil pump wont budge its seized up and i dont want to dog it to much as im wearing away the nut edges and im afraid of doing dammage. does anyone have any tips to opening it thanks

Sponsored Links
Never had this and i have changed loads of them?
Sure you not turning the wrong way and doing it up if not get some
a spanner the correct size instead of the adjustable as it needs to be
a good expensive make eg barco

good luck

Chris R would say use a crows foot spanner.

A cheap and too large adjustable is going to spoil the nut.

A bodge with a cheap adjustable if you really dont have any alternative is to tighten the thumb screw with water pump pliars.

Another bodge is to use a very small stilson.

Both are bodges and no substitute for proper tools but in an emergency might effect the repair.

Tony

Sponsored Links
quite agree about using a good quality spanner, but if the damage is now done surely a pair of footprints will loosen it.

Got it off. The nut was worn so spanners where useless so i locked on a vice grips and turned the grips with a adjustable spanner.

Chris R would say use a crows foot spanner.

Why :?:

A cheap and too large adjustable is going to spoil the nut.

Nut already fu**ed :rolleyes:

A bodge with a cheap adjustable if you really dont have any alternative is to tighten the thumb screw with water pump pliars.

Hes trying to take the hose off :?:

Another bodge is to use a very small stilson.

In your dreams, its a domestic oil pump ffs :rolleyes:

Both are bodges and no substitute for proper tools but in an emergency might effect the repair.

The hose is leaking, might you not call that an emergency Tony.
As far as boging the fitting, who cares, 'coz he will be fitting a new hose complete with shiny new unions.

You do talk a lot of carp these days Tony :eek: :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back