Correct ratchet crimpers?

Sponsored Links
53586.jpg

11261.jpg

A crimping tool for use with red, yellow and blue insulated crimp terminals. Simply place the connector to be crimped in the appropriate die in the jaws and squeeze the handles together until the tool re-opens. A ratchet prevents the tool opening until the crimp is complete. A latch is provided so that the tool can be opened manually, after the ratchet has engaged, and before the crimp is complete if necessary.

they look to me like my ones for uninsulated bootlace ferrules. I would have to get them out and compare to your pic to be sure.

the one the OP shows is for un-insulated crimps..
BHLUG16.JPG

they put a dent in the tube part ..

Sponsored Links
Yes they are ferrule crimpers and MUST NOT be used for insulated crimps.

not for ferrules.. for tube crimps..

the tool for bootlace ferrules is different..

Yes they are ferrule crimpers and MUST NOT be used for insulated crimps.

Apologies.

Having looked again at the original pics they are not for ferrule's, they are for tube crimps, as stated by others.

They must still not be used for insulated crimps.

Something tells me not .... like the deep pointed indent they leave :rolleyes:

Plus the 10 and 16 markings on them, insulated crimps are rarely larger than 6mm.

There good ones you have, as they do bare lugs smaller than 6mm, which is rare, however getting lugs that small may be hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back