Correct shower installation?

Sponsored Links
This appliance is not designed to be plumbed directly from the rear. For a
rear entry supply, add an elbow to the supply pipe and connect it as a rising or falling supply

Yes thats right.
This op's shower is not plumbed directly from the rear.
Directly from the rear is when the inlet connection is turned horizontal.

thats not how i read it, if you can connect an elbow directly onto the shower then it's rear entry whether the internal connection point can swivel or not, it says falling or rising supply neither of those can be called rear entry, like i said i think the shower unit is too slim to be able to fit a conex elbow without burying the nut in the wall, i agree that the installation looks pants but i think that is more the fault of whoever supplied the shower than the installer, unless there was enough room to solder the elbow & still allow enough pipe to go into a straight compression fitting & allow the whole lot to be consealed within the unit, he could of course have used a street elbow which would have been better

it says falling or rising supply neither of those can be called rear entry
Directly is when the inlet connection is turned horizontal and fitted directly to horizonal pipe. Which can't be done.

Falling/rising rear entry is when the inlet is vertical fitted to an elbow but all concealed within the unit.

Top/bottom entry is the pipe is exposed out of the unit.

like i said i think the shower unit is too slim to be able to fit a conex elbow without burying the nut in the wall,

Yes it has a standard 25mm from finished tile to centre of inlet.
Yes the nut does end up partially below the tile surface, And can be a bugger to tighten.

i agree that the installation looks pants but i think that is more the fault of whoever supplied the shower than the installer,

Why if i supply or customer supplies shower i fit pipework to the instructions. Everyone else manages to do it why can't he ?

unless there was enough room to solder the elbow & still allow enough pipe to go into a straight compression fitting & allow the whole lot to be consealed within the unit, he could of course have used a street elbow which would have been better

As i said earlier that's how i do it and the 15mm compression isn't a pig to tighten up then.
But it is tight on the vie cause of the curve bottom.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
Sponsored Links
maybe it's the first one he's fitted or he fooked up the cable or water postion, but i must admit I wouldn't do a job that looked like that

maybe it's the first one he's fitted or he fooked up the cable or water postion, but i must admit I wouldn't do a job that looked like that

Got a feeling he's used a plastic pushfit thats slightly longer.

Many do find fitting electric showers a problem. :rolleyes:

If a street elbow had been fitted into the compression coupler fitted to the inlet pipe instead of a stub of pipe and FxF elbow it would probably have exited above the outer casing, negating the need to break off the bottom inlet blank.

PPPPPP!
Arrive at job;
Assess job;
What's in me box;
That'll do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back