correct way to lay laminate in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, could someone advise the best way to lay laminate (wood effect) flooring in conservatory..the pieces are approx 4 ft long and 4'' wide ( not sure of metric size so i only deal in old money :D ) would i start from one side of wall? or from the middle? or somewhere else?..we want to have them slightly staggered as to not have matching connecting lines..the conservatory size is 15ft approx by 10ft approx...we want to lay them along width not depth wise..thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
i am hoping they are all straight walls :D ...so would i go one way first..then come back the opposite way..to stop the joins running along side each other..and at the end of each run..just cut off to fit therefore staggering the joints ?

Row two could start (at the same 'starting-point as row 1) with the cut-off from the last board of row 1 (if not too short, say minimum 25cm = 10 inch in old money ;)) that way the boards are staggered 'automatically'

Sponsored Links
woodyoulike..superb reply...never thought of using cut off piece to start again....makes sense..and it suits me cos for some reason i am a lot better working left to right :D thanks again for info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back