Laying Laminate - the last bit in a row.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey!

Laying a very small lamiate floor - not even 2 full planks long, in a room with pipes, architrave tiled firmly into place and a soilpipe sticking out of the wall.

Theres a carpet to laminate gripper in place - though I could lift that out.

The Laminate os some posh[ish] stuff from Topps [ Floordreams ] made by a German company beginning with K [ small word for German too ] but I can't remember it. It's approx 12mm thick, the middle being a green MDF. It's a 45 degree locking system [ so angle at 45 degrees and lay flat.

All is good on the length, I can lay an end on the first couple of rows and slide them into place but then the pipes come into play. The guys at Topps say make a row and lock the rows to each other but they couldn't grasp that that becomes impossible when you are trying to angle a bit with the pipes in the way.

It would be easy with the cheap stuff as you just pull the end piece on with a hammer and a pull-bar. - I tried this but to no avail.

After all that....[ sorry ] How do I pull the end pieces on? The angle it has to jump on the locking mechanism seems too great, the MDF:MDF join is not slippy......

Am I to 'ease' the lock to the point it slips in without the angle and glue it? Is it that simple? And to enable it to slip? wax/talc/something to get the length to slide against itself about 1/8th inch.

Ta!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back