corroded rad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
rad in living room is cold at the bottom. System all works great otherwise and all rads plenty hot. :) It's about 20yrs old.

I'm guessing general build up of corrosion sitting at bottom of the rad, so I guess I need to remove it, flush it through, refit it and put a bit of extra corrosion inhibitor in the system. (open-vented so should be easy enoguh to drain a bit extra and top up in the tank...)

1. Is above a reasonable assumption?
2. How likely is it that the rad will cause problems again if I flush it and refit it? as in, generally does this procedure work, or are you sometimes better off replacing corroded rads?

I'm asking instead of just doing it because it also needs painted due to being painted blue :eek: by previous occupant so I don't want to waste time painting it with several coats and flushing it only to find it's still not right if I can buy a nice new white one.

The voice of experience required!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well if a rad is rusting it may be a bit late to put inhibitor in, do a search on flushing as I think your system may be in need of a good clean up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back