Corrugated roof on Car port,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am putting on a corrugated 1mm thick ASb roof on carport.
The carport is about 5m front to back , and width wise, is 3.30 at the back and 4.8m at the front.
There are rafters every 1m, with a pitch of 5°, will I be ok ( the sheets are 2.75m long) and are accross the width.
Is there anything else I should be aware of? Is it possible to 'rivet' two sheets together if they meet where there is no rafter underneath?
Cheers
Edward

Sponsored Links
I assume you have fitted noggins between all the rafters up the slope of your roof and if so then it will not matter where your sheets drop because you will then fix at certain intervals to your straight runs of noggins and the lap of the sheets along the length will not need rivets whether they drop over a rafter or not. I will try and find an example for you.

Here you are.....
http://www.buildeazy.com/carport.html
Hope this helps.

Cheers for that, one more question, concerning the overlap, which should be 300mm apparently.
Do I need to put screws in at either end of the overlap, or can I just put ones in the centre (so there will be ~15cm of each sheet either side)?

Cheers for that, one more question, concerning the overlap, which should be 300mm apparently.
Do I need to put screws in at either end of the overlap, or can I just put ones in the centre (so there will be ~15cm of each sheet either side)?

Sponsored Links
I would recommend you put more rather than less screws in then the wind is not going to lift the sheets at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back