Cost of a new tiled roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys - I'm converting an old conservatory to a brick extension.

I wanted to cost the walls & the roof separately.

What unit cost should I be using to estimate how much a new single height pitched tile roof would cost (around 12m total).

So that would be the rafters, felt, battening, tiles, insulation & plastered etc (excluding the soffits in the first place).

Interested in either £/m2 or approx. total cost.

Location SE (but outside Lond)

Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
Couple of choices here;
1 Do the sums. Roof span will dictate timber size and spacing, roof dimensions will tell you how much membrane you need, tile specifications will give you batten centres, combine that with roof dims to give you batten requirements. Tile specs will give you per sq m cover....., roof dims will give you insulation and plasterboard needs, add 10% for fixings (truss clips, screws, nails, flashing), add another 10% for errors
2 Get some local builders in to price the job. They'll generally get better prices on materials than you will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back