cost of concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need approx. 1.1 m3 of concrete for a foundation trench. Thinking of minimix and barrow. What is an approx. cost these days when I barrow myself.
thanks kevin

Sponsored Links
Dont even think about mixing or moving the stuff by yourself. Pay the pennies for these guys to barrow it - you will be charged for exactly what you use.

Up here you're looking at about £150 per cubic metre for that quantity of readymix to your door and another £30 for them to barrow it into the trench for you

i don't know what Minimix is, but a friend of mine used one of theses mixers +cement+ ballast on a truck. The mix was as weak as h**l, be warned!
Round here (Biker at leyburn) they also charge £30 per metre for the concrete you don't use, as the costs are based on a full 5 cu. m load. so that would be another £120.
Frank

Sponsored Links
I've not seen a modern concrete wagon that doesn't meter measured amounts - typically after 1/2 a metre and up.
Many suppliers include barrowing in the basic price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back