How to POUR concrete footings

Did about 2.5m3 in the end and ached for 3 days after! Pouring a slab is much more difficult than pouring foundations. Concrete calculators were out too. Used much more ballast than calculated! Glad I got 6ton delivered... Was left with 1 in the end.
Trigger gun attachment for hose was helpful. Also a bar under cement bags to split them in half....

Sponsored Links
You can do it in stages if you wish? My foundations are in 3 sections due to drains...

Pop half a bag of cement in a bucket, guage this to a shovel load of ballast. I think mine was 10 shovel loads to a full bag of cement? Splitting the bags in half makes it so much easier to handle and tip into the mixer. Once you have messed about after the final shovel of ballast you will only need to mix for a few more minutes. Get help if you can

@SpecialK - k thanks feeling more confident on it now..will shift it to location this weekend and wait for a break in the weather..

Sponsored Links
@SpecialK - yeah someone in the thread not to and do it in one pour - I'm guessing that it's the best if you can. I'll know after transfering how long it will take and then will do it in sections if its going to take too long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back