Cost of cutting down trees?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I would like to give you my situation and see if anyone can help.

I live next door to a right old pickey. She is on benefit and does sod all in her garden. Apart from all the crap in her garden she has 3 evergreen trees planted closely together at the bottom of her garden. These are much taller than our houses and block out all the light. Our gardens arnt very long and these are all we can see out of our windows.

I know i can complain to the council but this will cost me £430 for them to investigate. There are no guarantees they will tell her to cut them don and even if they do, she hasnt got the money to pay for them to be removed.

I know i should get a quote but does anyone know on average to cost of cutting down / cutting back large conifer trees (maybe lailandy) If its roughly the £450 i may even pay myself if she agreed

If not, and i know i shouldnt, but whats the best way to kill a tree?. If its considered dangerous, the council will tell her to cut it down anyway.

Sponsored Links
they are not your trees i cant see what you can do about it.

but you do have the legal right to cut anything off that is over your garden, PROVIDED you throw it back in hers

Under part 8 of the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003 you can complain about high hedges. It costs you £450 to complain to my council for them to investigate it.

Provided you offer them to her, not just dump them in her garden

Sponsored Links
Tell me now, what exactly is a "pickey"?? Have you tried conversing with this "pickey"? Or is that too obvious. Maybe she doesn't speak English??!!

Sorry. When i say ***** i mean she hasnt got a lot of money, doesnt give a ****, lets her garden overgrow and sits around all day watching trisha and loose women.

If ive offended any *****'s im sorry to lump you all in the same bracket as this woman.

God there are some people on here right up their own rectums.

i have yet to talk to her but know the answer will be i havnt got any money after i ended up paying to renew her fence on her border in the back garden and a wall on her border in the front garden.

I wanted to find out average costs of a tree surgeon before we spoke. The trees (that are grouped together are 30 - 40 foot high)

Does anyone know? Guess i'll just have to get a quote.

Russdeebrown said:
Does anyone know? Guess i'll just have to get a quote.

fraid so, depends where you live, access, forum rules, yahdy yahdy yah

If she's renting, it would be unrealistic for her to have to pay anyway but you may be able to approach the landlord?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back