Cost of driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im thinking about getting the front of my house redone. The space is roughly 30ftx50ft and currently consists of a single tarmac drive (50ft long) and lawn either side

I have no idea how much to expect, but before i get any quotes can anybody give a 'rough' idea for the cost of getting the whole area :
a. block paving
b. printed concrete
c. tarmac

Thanks
Nick.

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
printed concrete will be most expensive, followed by block paving (clays), and then tarmac (black)

least maintenance worries; probably printed concrete, tarmac then block paving. concrete paviors are particularly vulnerable to mosses, weeds etc.

get it tarmac'ked , cheapiest an best ...
you local council will have a list of reputable black stuff layers ....;)

To be honest with you, i was thinking of tarmac. How much do you think an area that size would cost?

Bit worried about getting ripped off though. As for recommendations, is that true about the council?

As i said before, see forum rule 9. No one can give you a realistic price

Sponsored Links
Sorry. I hadnt seen rule #9. I was only after a ball park figure - dont worry i wasnt going to hold anyone to it.

No need to apologize. Its not even possible to give a ball park figure, to quote a poster "can't see it can't quote it"
There are too many variables to even make a realistic guess.

But good luck

Tarmac :LOL: Far Canal sor I`ll do a good job fer yew an get ye on the tv. too :rolleyes: Get someone like Top Pave to quote for block paving.....we did for ours and got a pukka job with a proper guarantee. They are countrywide installers linked to the top pave product

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back