Cost of dummy sashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please tell me the approx additional cost per dummy sash if I wanted each window within a bay to look as if I had an opener there?

Same with lead design and laminated windows - how much is this usually charges for per meter square?

Thx.

Sponsored Links
Trade cost price for dummy sash's to me is about £20-25 each.
Lam glass very roughly an extra £30-40 per meter square.
Lead depends on the design

Thanks. So £35 per dummy sash is fair to be charged (I'm an end consumer)? He has said for that price I can either have a dummy sash or an opener. Is it generally better to go for openers? Might it look too busy inside with all the handles?

I've also been quoted £50 per metre square for lead design and also £50 per metre square for laminate. Are these a little high?

No that all sounds good about the same as I would charge. Dummy sash's, Lead and lam glass are all a little more work for the supplier/installer so they will want to make a bit on it.

Yes too many openers looks a bit busy so keep it spread out a bit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, very helpful. What's your personal view on nice leaded designs and too much lead? Square designs ok, and what about shiny v non shiny? And spacer bars, what is the most efficient dark coloured ones?

Cheers.

Black for spacer bars.
Lead I'm not overly keen on (squares, diamonds etc) I think it makes a house look like a prison although sometimes they do keep the character of a building. A simple cross can look quite nice sometimes but its mainly a personal preference sort of thing.
Have the lead patination oiled, It will only end up leaving white streaks all over the glass otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back