cost of electrics work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people

this site is amazing to get information from. Hope you can guide me with this one.
I have decided to have a garage built in my back garden in Wigan, Lancs (in case loc affects cost). I will want 2 power wall sockets to run basic stuff like drill, car inspection light, maybe a wall heater and also would want a double strip light in the ceiling.

My Q is this, what sort of approx cost would I be looking at to have this work done by a qualled spark in this area?

(The garage would be about 5-6mtrs from my house so I presume the power would come from drilling through the wall and tapping in to a socket in the back utility room? Or would it have to go to the Trip switches in the front room? I expect it would need to be buried too?)

Thanks
Carl

Sponsored Links
Bit of an awkward one, as it has to be seen....Price also depends on if you want a firm in or an independant spark as prices will differ a bit....You may also be looking at replacing your fuse board, if there is no RCD or spare ways available...

I would recommend that you call a firm in (with free estimate) and let them tell you what you need.........

(Just to annoy Ban-all-sheds) goto www.niceic.org.uk and find a firm in your area..... :LOL:

you could offer to dig the trench and lay the cables in as this will save some money

to run as much as you want a steel wire armoured cable will have to be run (in trench) its not as bad as it sounds, but the cable should go to the consumers unit , not be a spur, type of cable is because it is made to be buried

Sponsored Links
Actually - there are worse ways to find somebody reputable. And there are other good ways too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back