Cost of fitting a kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently in the process of fitting a kitchen. However my DIY skills don't stretch as far as routers and jigs, so I want to get a professional in to fit the worktop.

The units are fitted in a "U" shape, so what I require are 2 mitre joints, a cut out for a Belfast sink, a cut out for a hob and a straight cut along the depth of the worktop (600mm). All walls are fairly straight and at right angles.

I have just been quoted £320 to get this work completed, which seems quite expensive to me. Can anyone tell me if this is a fair price?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i just had this done - almost identical job by the sounds of it, as far as number of cutouts etc......i paid £250 cash.

if you're near bristol i could give you a recomendation!

well... if you consider the cost of the right router (£200), the jig (£100) and a days labour (min £135) you start to get a picture of the costs. Add to that the risk. ie this is a skilled job which if it goes wrong can cost ££££ for new worktops then in my opinion the original cost isnt too bad. It's also a back breaking job!

Agreed with bas,
The price sounds reasonable to me and don't forget you're saving money as well by fitting the kitchen yourself.This is one of the job can cost me money if it goes wrong and not you !

Sponsored Links
£350.00 for two mitres!

I'm gonna have to review my pricing...

Fitted this kitchen for a neighbour (quite a bit of discount) for £900.00

mildmanneredjanitor1.jpg

Plumbing, tiling the lot.

With all the right jigs, router etc. should take one man about a day. £350.00 yes a bit steep!

where do you live??????? ;)

Looks a nice job, and a nice price too. Big question is, how long did it take you: plumbing, tiling, the lot?

mildmanneredjanitor said:
£350.00 for two mitres!
I think you missed the point,not just for 2 mitres

what I require are 2 mitre joints, a cut out for a Belfast sink, a cut out for a hob and a straight cut along the depth of the worktop (600mm)

and fitted as well.

ps:nice kitchen though

I have to say I liked it too I was thinking of putting the pic in my portfolio:cool:

Thanks for all the feedback.

I have decided not to go with the first quote, over my budget, and have got someone else coming around tonight to give me another quote. On paper it looks more promising as he gave me a rough estimate of £50 per mitre and £30 per cut out, when I spoke to him on the phone.

Lovely kitchen mildmanneredjanitor, if mine looks half as professional as that I'll be delighted.

I'm in Kent.

Thanks for the positive feedback chaps! Not bad for a first kitchen! :eek:

Thank you Bas...

didn't think of that one!

Looks like I'll be adding www.homeandmarine.com to my pictures from now on!

That reminds me, must update site (no portfolio yet).

Handyman, estimated two weeks, which would have been right if the delivery truck hadn't leaked and trashed the worktops! Doh!

Also, beautifully built new extension, perfect floor and walls, which helped!

Buying more tools all the time so should be quicker now (used a £30 1/4" Ferm router and spirit level as a straight edge!) Got me a nice one now :cool:

Jig next... £100 tho... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back