Cost of instaling if I buy the bits myself

Sponsored Links
To save time, I'll connect to the gas using speedfit - I think I'm competent (my mates said I did an alright job fixing his loo), so should be ok; and you sign it off :evil: :idea:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHH

*cough and wipe tears from my eyes*...........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Seriously are you on the level??

I'll do it all, you supply ALL the parts and sundries and i'll fit for £2999 and i'll even give you a lifetime warranty on all the parts and sundries that i supply. I can fit you in tomorrow as i'm not busy!! lol

BTW does ****ing in the header tank count as a flush or is that just if i drain it after?

Sponsored Links
Can you really not recognise sarcasm when it smacks you firmly in the gob?

Don't forget, in fairness, to mention your philosophy to whoever you ask to do the job. It's important to build that level of trust. :confused:

I would be happy to fit, but on the strict understanding that you are supplying ALL the materials and that their purchase, collection and replacement if faulty is down to you. Time sat on my arse waiting for you is time added on to the final bill.

Some customers are happy knowing they spent £1000 on boiler X and no installer is going to charge them £1300 for it; the fact I could have got it for £700 is immaterial.

As long as it was a decent make I would fit the system.

However I would offer no warranty on anything you have supplied, only on my pipe work, therefore if you had boiler problems you would either have to risk putting the warranty call in to the manufacturers yourself, or paying my standard callout for me to attend to check the boiler and do this for you.

I would also charge my standard hourly rate for any 'waiting time' due to faulty or incorrect parts supplied by you.

This would all have to be in writing and signed by you before I started work.

Have to agree with Dave. Have done this in the past without any tears. But boiler supplied can be a deciding factor.

By the way, would that also mean you would have to supply your own tea ?

plumbers like prem football players ? I m not parking my Bentley in your street any way your neighbours may take offence to my page 3 wife, i'd only work mornings as in the afternoon me and the lads would be of to a lap dancing club then to a hotel for a bit of roasting. I'd say £ 150,000
a week should just about cover it .

don't know what you do for a living, but you must be extremely clever if you can get things on a one-off basis for less than we, who buy so to speak wholesale.

I take it you go to the pub, and bring your own beer because it is cheaper?
Would love to see your wife's wedding ring, not to mention the fillings you gave to the dentist to fit in your throbbing tooth.

Carry on this way, and you will get exactly what you deserve: a re-conditioned boiler that was returned because it had a fault, fitted by a polish cowboy, and your first hefty repair bill inside 2 years

Can you really not recognize sarcasm when it smacks you firmly in the gob?

I would never work for Melodymaker, they have no sense of humour.

When they see the quality of my work, my customers really do need to have a sense of humour! :LOL:

no, i never work for people like that, if nothing else, they are a pain in the neck.
if not lower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back