Cost of installing a Megaflow unvented cylinder.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know what I should expected to pay to have an unvented cylinder installed and the water tanks in the loft removed.

Also, if anyone has done this already, are they happy with it

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
£500 upwards, depending on the string. Plus materials.

Stick to your gravity tanks unless you have a good mains flowrate.
The cost will vary from area to area.
Expect to pay anything from £1200 to £1800.

Sponsored Links
Last one we installed was £460 but we were told it was a Magaflow and it turned out to be an Ariston !! Should have been more for that!

Tony

Thanks for all the reponses. I have a plumber on site (via the building contractor who is doing our extension).

This plumber recommended installing the unvented system and quoted £2,300 for the supply and install. I can see the benfits for it, so I'll get a few more quotes..

That is very expensive!

Before considering any quotes you must see his Water Regulations card showing that he is qualified to install unvented.

Builders dont usually employ people with any qualifications.

However, you cannot consider gfitting an unvented until an experienced person has measured the incoming water flow rate and compared that with your plumbing needs.

Tony

Agile said:
That is very expensive!

is it how do you know

it may be a swine to shoe horn one in, conversly it could be easy

without looking how would u know

:)

All the pipe work is copper and new. The boiler is new and is sited in the garage right next to the current cylinder. I think as installations go, this would be fairly straight forward.

if it is straight forward then I would expect around £1500 - £1800 for a 210 litre megaflo.

applesauce can tell you how much it was, since the question was posted 6 months ago

This plumber recommended installing the unvented system and quoted £2,300 for the supply and install. I can see the benfits for it, so I'll get a few more quotes..

the cylinder in itself is around 7-800. the big Question is, what else do you need? You may have to have the whole incoming mains upgraded to 25 all the way back to the meter, or all could be fine and it takes a couple of hours to connect the pipes once the cylinder is lugged into place.
Bear in mind that if your mains supply is limited, the benefits of the cylinder are pretty much gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back