Cost of new clutch??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure that the clutch is on on it's way out. Car is an 02 Golf GT TDI 150. Anyone know what I'd be looking at to have a new clutch fitted? I think a clutch kit costs about £130 but what would I be looking at for labour? (This is not going to a main dealer by the way.) Just curious then I don't get taken for a ride at the garage.
Thanks

gcol, you should know better :evil: , please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
moderator said:
gcol, you should know better :evil: , please see forum rule 9
I can't agree. gcol's request is wholly unlike other requests for quotes from tradesmen. He's merely asking, but could have worded it better, for someone to reveal what they paid for a clutch change on that make and model of car.

Clutch changes are frequently done on a fixed price, because they tend not to involve unknown factors. This is very different from asking a plumber (for example), to predict the cost of changing a set of bath taps without even seeing the house, or a builder (for another example) to predict the cost of laying foundations without even seeing the site.

Sponsored Links
I think you've got hold of the wrong end of the stick Lynda. The purpose of my question was merely to ascertain whether it's a big job or not so that I know what I am looking at paying.
I see you've used and angry face smillie - so sorry for any mental torment my post has caused you. :rolleyes:

Back