Cost of new lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to lay our new lawn myself but got a quote from a couple of local landscapers that doesn't seem too bad - £1800 all in, no vat.

The area is 100 sqm, they are going to 'scrape' the extg lawn and skip it, bring in new top soil (3 inch deep), and lay good turf.

They reckon the pair of them will be all done in 2 days.

If someone can tell me this is an alright price - I'll just go for it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
christ im moving up where you live then if theyre charging those prices! they should be lightly rotovating whats left after the turf is removed to avoid any compaction on the old soil and future drainage issues

About £250 for Turf, £50 for soil, the 2 mens labour for 2 days @ £375 per day each = £1800, do you earn that.....????????

But they'll need a couple of skips I would think, I didn't realise 3" of top soil over 100 sqm would be just £50.

Sponsored Links
no it wont. thats 7.5m3 to buy and move, more like 40-50 a m3 for decent stuff. all in all its not a bad price and two days is about right

Thanks for your replys gents, I'm a bit confused by the answers - is it a good price or not?

Thanks.

its a bit higher than what i would charge, but its not too bad as long as its a top notch job with a decent grade of turf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back