Blending a new lawn into an existing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are laying turf next to an existing lawn and want to eventually achieve a seamless finish to create the effect of one lawn making up the centre of the garden.

My main question is with regards to levelling. Will the new turf sink when it is laid and beds into the soil beneath? If so, should i allow for this by building the top soil level up above the level of the existing lawn? How much? Or should I lay it completely level (if it won't sink).

My other question is do you think it would be better to lay the new turf up to the square edge of the existing or cut into the existing to create a staggered effect (like brickwork)?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Very difficult to get it as a dead level match, just do the best you can and let it settle down, then rake topsoil over it all to level it up. The grass will grow through the topsoil as long as it's not too thick. It will take time but can be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back