cost of rear extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all newbie here just signed up!
sorry if this post is a bit long but i thought best to give as much info as i dont know many people with crystal balls.

I have been planning a rear extension/conservatory for a while and hoping someone could give me an idea of material costs.
firstly i am undertaking the build with myself and my father who has brickwork skills.

so labour wise i know the cost and i am sorting out my planning requirements with local council office and am aware of the fee's.

I live in a newer build house built in the last 13 years it is a 2 bed with garage to side which is joined to house but slight set in from line of house at rear.
i live in an area which used to be chalk pits so about half a foot down i hit chalk.
the actual extension will be 2.7 mtrs depth and 3.2mtrs width upto where garage recesses in, looking from back door of house the right wall will be all brick work approx 2.1 to 2.2 mtrs high.
the front of the extension will be bi fold doors which again i have sourced a supplier for and they will make to measure.
i intend to go as wide a span with these doors as poss but with enough wall/pillars each side to support RSJ above door.
final side will be french doors which the above company will supply and again brick work either side to support lintel above door, i have also decided to do a tiled roof (glass to sweaty in summer) i will be putting 2 sky lights in but for cost i will assume its all tiled with standard gutter around sloping from house down with standard pitch and add cost of sky lights later.

The base will be footings with 4 inch fill inside, 4inch insulation and standard top and screed, with walls having 75mm cavity filled with rock wall. (all walls standard brick)
above not exact a builder i know advised me of exact requirements for floor but i have to dig out my notes.
still a shot in dark i know but any advice on costing for above would be gratefull! sorry i said it would be long!
oh and im a security engineer so cctv, alarms, access, door entry questions ill be happy to help if i can
lee

Sponsored Links
i was just looking for a bit of help with general brick work/foundation costs assuming standard bricks concrete dont differ to much over the country i added the rest so people got a general idea of what i intend to build. like i said shot in dark but if any one could maybe just break down rough cost of base that would be a great help to get me going.

Breezer - give it a rest please, it's getting sooooooooooo boring. If you don't want to help / can't help, just don't respond. You are doing the forum no favours with your negative responses. :rolleyes:

Lee - Is it just help with material costs you want?

Sponsored Links
You can build a typical 2.5 x 3m three-sided, flat roofed extension with a patio door, one window, traditional strip concrete footing, standard service installation and decorated for about £15k +or- £2k.

thanks for the honest replies!
was unable to get to my computer

it was mainly help on base costings, but also if anyone come up with some pointers along the way i.e watch out for or dont go down that route
thanks for your help.

lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back