cost of tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im interested to know what the going rate is in the midlands area for tiling per sqm labour only.

lets say for example the walls are quite uneven and they are
ceramic tiles, is there much price difference in the size of tiles ( for eg 6"x6" per sqm, 4x4 per sqm etc

cheers

Sponsored Links
There isn't really a going rate,some tilers work on sq meterage,some hourly rate and some day rate.

Depends on the size of the tile,type of tile eg ceramic,porcelain,travetine etc,what substrate your fixing to.........if your trying to give a price for tiling then I would say try to estimate the time its going to take you then add 20% more.
I didn't start getting pricing close until I'd been tiling for about a year.

Sponsored Links
problem is i dont do enough of it to get upto speed thats why i just wanted to price it on a meterage so lets say they are ceramic tiles on a boarded walls 6inch tiles what we looking at

I'd be looking at about £25 per sqm,if there are lots of cuts ie in a kitchen sockets etc then a bit more but I supply my own grout,adhesive and trim.

domestic tiling, kitchen/bathroom(overbath)...i would be doing this in a day..between 9m2-16m2 all in.
using a rapidset flex.. if using single part flex back next morning to grout etc ..
for price if your not sure, try working out a day rate if your just starting off tile fixing,a good tile fixer would be looking at £120+ a day, but again if your not up to speed etc..and locations differ quite a lot tommy.

see my scenario is my tiling is to a good standard but i dont do a lot of it really so when i do it takes me a while but im happy as long as its done right so wanted to work out what the meterage was so i knew what i could get away with charging because dont want to over charge the customer because i cant get the job done lol

If you aim for about a sqm an hour then you should be ok,thats 44 tiles an hour for 6"x6".I'm not a fast tiler but I get plenty of work,stick with going for quaility and don't get caught up too much with how many sqm you need to be doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back