COST

Sponsored Links
i used to do a lot of sport to now my body is a wreck :(
I am really sorry to hear that, it makes you wonder if in the long run trying to keep yourself in good healthy and condition pays off.
i dont think it do it keeps your mind healthy sharp and fresh, but if you pound your body day after day some thing has got to give or wear out, my sports used to be cycling "competively" kickboxing "competively" boxing training and jogging, fit as a fidddle i was, all that wear on the joints cant be good im sure ive worn them out with over use, i remember the surgeon who done the op on my knee saying your knees have had 50 years of wear and tear, but the truth is my knees has done twice as much as the normal person i reckon

Played a lot of football, rugby and cricket in my youth.
Also boxed at a fairly good amateur level (i coulda been a contender i could've been somebody) and run for the school athletics team.
Up until recently I cycled to work and back every day, and went to the gym on my way home, get out for run on a weekend as bit of a change plus the squash and badminton.
Like to keep myself busy and active it's quite invigorating, first thing in the morning. I like to think I am in good nic, but in twenty years time, might be a different story. But live for day is my motto!
Off to the gym now!

I did the sports when younger but in 30s took up karate and that's not good for the joints when you are up and down hop ups all day.

Sponsored Links
Played a lot of football, rugby and cricket in my youth.
Also boxed at a fairly good amateur level (i coulda been a contender i could've been somebody) and run for the school athletics team.
Up until recently I cycled to work and back every day, and went to the gym on my way home, get out for run on a weekend as bit of a change plus the squash and badminton.
Like to keep myself busy and active it's quite invigorating, first thing in the morning. I like to think I am in good nic, but in twenty years time, might be a different story. But live for day is my motto!
Off to the gym now!
live 4 the day yes but dont over do it like i did , its depressing not being able to go out for a jog, you know that feeling? feeling fed up? bored depressed? then go out for a jog and come back feeling better? well i cant do that now its gutting :(

I did the sports when younger but in 30s took up karate and that's not good for the joints when you are up and down hop ups all day.
they say that every time you walk up stairs its the equivelent of walking on flat ground with 4 times your body weight on your shoulders, so if we are up and down hop ups and podiums and scaffolds and access towers all day our knees are taking a pounding

I am working on a house at the moment hacking off a large chimney and re rendering it and sorting out cracks and lintols on the front elevation, It's 4 stories high and we are getting out of the attic window to get on the scaffold but there are 50 stairs to climb and we are up and down quite a few times a day so the old knees are certainly getting a work out. But I never did any of "your extreme sports" but I probably walked a lot further than you atheletes because I was an "extreme darts player from the age of 14 till I retired at 45 when my nipper was born. I used to play 3 times a week and if your wondering why I walked so much it was because I was very rarely beaten ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back