cost to get a professional in for this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be boarding 2 of the walls in my kitchen. two of them will just need a skim (and fill in some chases after electrician - not much)

what can i expect to pay for:

a bit of chasing
skimming 4 walls and ceiling

room is 4m x 4m with 2.7m high ceiling

thanks

Sponsored Links
lots.
little.
plenty.
a fair wage.

Depends what part of the country your in.
the more you can do the less you pay for.

For similar work in the south I paid around £200

I would not even think of doing it for that price. 2 weeks ago, I did a job for a couple who had an archway removed from their lobby, so that meant a ceiling repair, and 2, full height wall repairs. I charged them £380, including materials.
The walls throughout the house are plasterboard lath, with a float and set plastered finish, so not your everyday skim or taped walls etc. The house was built in the late 60's, early 70's.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
£200 ??:LOL:. there’s 60-70 quid in materials let alone fuel tax mot tyres tools wear and tear. some people.
£450-500 maybe more.

I’m a little confused ‍:?: Skim 4 walls and a ceiling for £450-£500 you was mugged

I said £200 ish I have just found the quote on my phone it was £250 all in for my kitchen ceiling and the 4 walls. Similar size to the OP, was very good job and have used this plasterer several times since.

Not really a skilful job as such plastering if someone quoted me for £450-£500 they would have got laughed out my house. When I got these quotes they ranged around £200 to £400.

ranged around £200
your’e just being silly aren’t you.
like I said the op’s job is ballpark 65 quid in materials alone thats without me fetching them , getting cold, wet , using my van , killing myself for £135 . stop making yourself look silly.

Not really sure how am I looking silly if what you are saying is true then surely the person I paid £250 is silly?

Someone over rating themselves maybe :LOL:

You believe you are worth something when clearly you are not. Quite sad anyway I don’t listen to abuse from the lower class so I will just click ignore now. Byeeee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back