Could anyone ID this make of Intercom please?

Sponsored Links
Its screaming Videx to me.
Early module system.

Or Early Comelit.

Kin Italians copy eachother so much.

I`ll go with Videx, unless someone knows better.

2nd question is. Can these be upgraded whilst using the existing twisted pair or coaxial, depending which it is?
Customer is after a more up to date one, maybe digital with just the 0-9...

Thanks

Yes, have done this many times with existing cable.

Comelit is the perfered system I use.
Works on one pair, either alarm or phone cable.
Can be split or branched off, so any configuration is possible.
So forget the Co-axial.
Find one pair to each appartment from any riser and your in business.

Excellent kit, a tad expensive but- you`ll save on installation time and fit quality kit.

PS it will need a seperate PSU for the lock release.

I buy from here, a friend actually.

http://www.doorentrydirect.com/

Sponsored Links
Thanks Alarm, So the intercoms in the house and the main entrance one its pretty much take off and install a new one? There are risers on every floor, but would i need to enter these if i can just swap the coms over in each apartment?

The current system is wired into the door lock release atm, are you saying that would need to be changed?

Thanks for the advice btw, new for me this one.

P.S you got an email for your contact @doorentrydirect?

Basically yes for the install.
I tend to make up a MDF plate to cover the old phones and fit the new ones to that, Chamf the edges with a router and job done. Then the resident can paint to match decour.
You will need access to risers for splitting the wiring if needed. You have to use a "splitter module" for each handset, but these can be at the local power source and distributer.

This system supplies a N/O going N/C relay for the lock and thats why you need a seperate PSU for it.

Remember you only need one pair for all video/call/speech/release.
Why the system is so adaptable.

Just use the link to chat to SRS Door entry.

PS it programmes easy with dip switches.
You might find the lock release timer is short, you can adjust this by the dip switches, its not in the book. TBH I cannot remember myself now, quick call to tech will give you the settings.
Damn, knew I should have put that down somewhere :S

Thanks man.

I'll look into this, might call on your help when i order the kit if thats ok? :)

Thanks again for the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back