Could I ask for some advice on how best to make good a wall please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We are about to remove a warm air unit and replace it with boiler and radiators. Please see the pics. The two side walls are fine but the back wall is covered in what looks like concrete with the odd brick showing through in places and a hole that needs bricking up/covering. We need to make this wall good because it is going to have the new boiler bolted to it and will remain open so it will be seen. Just wondered if you could offer any advice on how best to make this good. A local builder suggested plywood or plasterboard but would this take the weight of the boiler. I am just thinking that there must be a common way of dealing with this, maybe fix the render and then plaster it or something. All three walls are solid brick. Thanks for your help.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.jpg
4.JPG

Sponsored Links
I would build a stud wall attached to the brick wall at the back , with battens placed so the boiler can be fixed to them for strength then plasterboard and skim

This way will give you a void behind the plasterboard so you can use this to hide all the water/gas pipes and electrical connection.

Would mean plastering in two stages , top half done first , mount boiler install all connections, then plaster bottom half so to hide all pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back