please advise - rendering internal brick edge and floor step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, welcome to my new project :)

The builders did a shell build and made a new wider openning and I am left with an uneven brick edge arrowed on the left of the picture. There is also a step to be made at the bottom of the photograph which is made from the rear brick wall of the house before the extension.

Please could you tell me the best mix/method to make good the left wall and how best to build up the bottom step once the apropriate course of bricks have been removed (will be covered by oak)

thankyou for all your kind help. [/img]

Sponsored Links
to the wall on the left i would level the bricks out b4 i do anything else, then you can either dot and dab and skim it, or bead it up and float it in and skim, i notice there are blocks to the right are they going to be floated or dot and dabbed? what ever i was going to do to those blocks i would do the same to the left wall, as for the floor, i think i understand what you are saying your going to take bricks out and cover with oak flooring? i would maybe pack it out with sand and cement, its going to be covered by a membrane b4 the oak floor goes down any way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back