couple of questions, (new sink and dishwasher)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Ok iv just getting a nice new task by the pain in the arse (not that i wanted it)

baiscly, shes got a new sink (seperate sink and drainer) and also a new dishwasher.

now my first quiestion with the sinks,
the sink basicy have the silver drain bit (that you can see from the top) and the overfloor (with the plastic pipe), now my problem is they both need hooked up to the waste, i did not get anything to connect them to the waste pipe nor to connect them together, so what do i need to be able to do this?

my second question is about the dishwasher,
Im not sure if the dishwasher needs to be hooked up the hot water system (i'll get it on sat) so can anyone tell me if it dose or not? or wether it depends on the machine?
Also the boilers waste pipe is right near by, can i hook the dishwasters waste to that pipe or would it be better to hook it into the sinks waste?

thanks for any adice
Philly

Sponsored Links
thanks for the quick reply kev,

dunno what its for but it gos from the boiler to the sink waste (taped onto the outside pipe)

Sponsored Links
yea thats what i tought was just hoping i could take the easy option :LOL:

but thats no problem really, easy done, thanks for your help that cleared that problem up, just got the sink to sort now... ever wish you were single? haha

now my first quiestion with the sinks,
the sink basicy have the silver drain bit (that you can see from the top) and the overfloor (with the plastic pipe), now my problem is they both need hooked up to the waste, i did not get anything to connect them to the waste pipe nor to connect them together, so what do i need to be able to do this?

there is a bit missing

usually black plastic with a stub connector on for the o/f and a thread for the trap
:idea:
p1579925_x.jpg

thanks kev & seco,

seco, on you image im i right in thinking the small pipe coming from the trap gos to the drainer?

i think this clears everything up, lets hope i dont get leeks :p

thanks again for you help, appreciate it

small pipe on the trap is for dish washer.
the overflow/drainer connects to the waste in the sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back