courses to update from 16th to 17th edition

Quite right Dingbat vastly over rated this ohms law stuff.
We're going to ban gravity next!
I was always under the impression that wether it was the 1 day or the 3 day course they were both designed as an aid to navigate through the regs. No one is expected to memorise the regs au fait, but you are expected to be able to use the regs like a tool and to interpret it as such, and that means being able to locate the relevant reg.
And then understand what it means. It's worth pointing out that BS7671 is called "Requirements for Electrical Installations" and if anybody thinks the regs are to be 'interpreted' then they don't understand those requirements. (As an example, how do you 'interpret' the 30mph signs posted all over the place?)
I think the City & guilds introduced this 1 day "refresher" for those that took the 2381 and proved they had an under standing of the regulations, while the 3 day course is designed perhaps not at qualified electricians but other trades, such as plumbers and kitchen fitters, who can still work on electrics if they are certified with a scheme!! now let's get started on that :LOL:
Let's not. Mostly because I have yet to encounter an electrician who understood anything at all about Part P.

Sponsored Links
We call that page three! :rolleyes:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Not quite like page three, (and I mean of the red book, not the sun) I am sure I kept it? as I had a pal that was going to take the course shortly after me and was going to pass it on to him, never used it, I have it somewhere will have to dig it.
If I remember right it was designed as a path way through the parts and chapters.

We discourage students from using tabs and until early in 2008 it was a widely ignored C&G requirement that books were unmarked.
I took mine in early 2009 and it was the training provider that recommended use of them, even supplied the things.
Took me ages to remove them!

When I did my 2391 a few years ago I was surprised by the amount of Electricians on the course (who had come in their sign-written vans so were out and about) who didn't have a clue what they were doing, lacked understanding of the fundamentals, and seemed to be blissfully un-aware as to how little they did know !

And these guys are charging for their services !!

I felt the same when I took mine too with the excemption of a few that knew how to test inside out but just needed the document to say they did. The only difference was I was there as someone from a BT background "retraining".

Imagine my surprise when one of the guys walked out the exam an hour early. When I got out with five minutes to go he was still hanging about and I asked him what answers he gave for certain questions he said he didn't have a clue so skipped the question :eek: I passed first time :D

We call that page three! :rolleyes:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
If I remember right it was designed as a path way through the parts and chapters.

Like I said, page 3.

Honestly, if you start at page 3, select a chapter (you'll never guess that the chapter headings give a clue as to their contents!) and go to that chapter's title page you will be able to find the correct sections and regulation groups for your query.

(Not a lot of people know that! ;) )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back