Court Case For Dumping Litter?

pipme said:
A past neighbour swore by his shredder and routinely shredded his garden waste, then returned it to ground as a mulch .....
Perhaps someone can give an objective evaluation of the garden shredder ..
P

Well, I wouldn't be without my bosch one, the blurb claimed it can shred branches up to 4 inches thick, although personally I think that's a bit unlikely, still it handles pretty much everything else. I use the mulch on ........ wait for it, my allotment :!: seriously, it's true. :eek:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
A lot of councils have pledged not to have wheelie bin schemes. They make life a lot easier for the binmen, unfortunately a lot of people don't have anywhere to put one!
I think that has been a challenge for a lot of people here. I'm seeing all sorts of ingenious modifications to fences and garden engineering to accommodate the bins. Nevertheless, looking down a lot of roads there are still ugly great lines of these things everywhere -- Unless it's just the case that we haven't gotten used to them yet and they'll "blend in" to the scenery in time. Somehow I doubt it.

Oh, in my first post I forgot to comment on the original point of this thread. :oops:

Despite this present administration's attempt to turn Britain into a full-fledged police state, it is still the law (for the moment) that the burden of proof lies with the prosecution. Finding a box with somebody's name and/or address on it proves nothing, except perhaps that it's likely the box was once in the possession of that person.

The person accused should file a counter-suit against the council for wasting his time.

Oh, yeah sorry to comment on the original post

No complete rubbish (Ha Ha). Totally illegal, and utterly unenforceable.

Yes but, can one afford the time to 'fight' the case ?
How many innocent folks pay, for example a fine, because the cost of proving innocence would be too great ?

P

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
Yes but, can one afford the time to 'fight' the case ?
How many innocent folks pay, for example a fine, because the cost of proving innocence would be too great ?

P

Come on, It would be laughed out of court. You don't need to prove your innocence, they need to prove your guilt. Contrary to the red tops histrionics, this is still the case. However I take your point that perhaps some of the more vulnerable members of our society might just pay up. Smacks of official bullying to me though.

Back