Cover cracked tile in shower

jar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tile at the bottom of our shower cubicle which has cracked and I think it may be leaking through. It is on the bottom row of tiles (so has sealant on the bottom) and is behind the shower door frame.

To replace this will be a complete nightmare but I know it will have to be done eventually. It would mean removing the shower door (which has sealant all round), trying to remove the tile (from plasterboard) and then probably re-doing all the internal sealant as well as the shower door again.

Is there any waterproof tape or any other product I could use to cover the tile in the meantime until I get the motivation to do it properly ? I've tried just using grout but I don't think it's covering properly as it's not getting deep enough. Preferably something which won't be TOO noticeable.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For a non pretty cover

Try using duck tape, as a diver i used this on a tear in a drysuit at 50m and it worked a treat.

A two part adhesive such as Araldite Rapid can seal a cracked tile

Clean and dry the tile thoroughy.

Mix enough of the adhesive to give a thin coating over the crack.

Warm the tile slowly with a hair dryer, this makes the adhesive more runny and it is more likely then to wick into the crack and make an even better repair.

Smooth the adhesive along and into the crack. Leaving a thin coating over the crack will seal it even if non wicks into the crack.

Thanks guys.

I might just double up with the Araldite AND some duck tape just to be safe - I hope !!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
For a non pretty cover

Try using duck tape, as a diver i used this on a tear in a drysuit at 50m and it worked a treat.
hello you can use clear silicone or water proof glue you may not need to replace any more than that one tile if you have the right tool we do this all the time hope i have helped

Before the mods pull you, it's not looked upon favourably to drag up old posts that have most likely been sorted. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back