Covering/filling over expanding foam

Sponsored Links
Others may give other suggestions but I would hack off any foam extending beyond the thickness of the plasterboard and then just fill it polyfiller or easi-fill. It might crack if the window moves/settled but it proberbly wont. Decorators calk to finish if you want but I wouldnt.

If it does crack in one or two areas on one of the windows I would then just hack it out and re fill it but leave a 2mm gap to the window and then calk that.

Get some slightly thined down filler on you fingar and wet the edge of the PB is you want. Tbh though, mainly, I would just get some filler in there, slap some paint on, and revisit it if it moves, which it proberbly wont.

Daniel

The gap is about 2inch wide at its max.
Will easyfill or multifinish really stick to it without any extra work?
I'd caulk the edges like i'd caulk any edges when preppring for decoration/painting. I take it you weren't suggesting using caulk as a partial filler?

Sponsored Links
a serrated knife will easily cut it off. Decorators caulk will finish it. It can be painted but the surface will not be smooth unless you use filler or plaster (which will stick to the cut surface)

Not suggesting using calke as a filler, just stopping the filler a mill or two short to allow some flex rather bridge onto the window with it.

Two inches is asking a fair bit of the filler, but assuming the window doesnt move it has the foam to support it and is so much quicker than any other option I can see I would do that first as I will probebly not cause any problems and if it does you have lost little.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back