Covering Magnolia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be putting Dulux Timeless (white with a hint of grey/blue) matt on walls which are painted magnolia. The Timeless has poor reviews for coverage of magnolia. Would it help if I used brilliant white as a first coat?

Sponsored Links
I'm going to be putting Dulux Timeless (white with a hint of grey/blue) matt on walls which are painted magnolia. The Timeless has poor reviews for coverage of magnolia. Would it help if I used brilliant white as a first coat?

Probably, yes.

Depending on how much you'd want to spend, I'd recommending getting a decorators' centre to get them to colour match some trade paint which will give you much better coverage than consumer paint. They should be able to tint Dulux Vinyl Matt to 'Timeless' exactly as it's all the same brand and colour system.

Sponsored Links
Acrylic primer undercoat white.
Valspar ultra base coat is another option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back