Covid-19 discussion

Don't you have an "off" button?

It was on the news and I was waiting for the story after to come on, and not knowing the programming schedule of the news I do not know the length of each segment.

So had I turned it off I would have likely missed the next piece.

Usually on social media I'll just skip past and not bat an eye lid

Sponsored Links
. and the cynic in me can't help but think their taking the opportunity for their own self gratification.

That, and the fact that (especially with the younger ones), they're about as smart as their followers, and fink they can influence them.

2 nurses caring for flu paitents in 2 different hospitals

Have passed away

AFAIK they both had 3 children each

Seems the 8m was a sneeze - worst of the lot for distance. Some years ago there was a sort of campaigns on limiting the spread of flue.From that I wouldn't have thought 2m was out of order. People are meant to "catch" it anyway and going on the videos that are shown anyone coughing or sneezing that way would need to wipe it off there cloths or be embarrassed when it hit some one nearby - almost like coughing out a ball of phlegm and saying sorry I just coughed something onto your head, coat etc.

Sponsored Links
2 nurses caring for flu paitents in 2 different hospitals

Have passed away

AFAIK they both had 3 children each

There was one in B'ham. 1st, 35 years old lady. Boris doesn't sound too good.

Seems the 8m was a sneeze - worst of the lot for distance. Some years ago there was a sort of campaigns on limiting the spread of flue.From that I wouldn't have thought 2m was out of order. People are meant to "catch" it anyway and going on the videos that are shown anyone coughing or sneezing that way would need to wipe it off there cloths or be embarrassed when it hit some one nearby - almost like coughing out a ball of phlegm and saying sorry I just coughed something onto your head, coat etc.

Seems the 8m was a sneeze - worst of the lot for distance. Some years ago there was a sort of campaigns on limiting the spread of flue.From that I wouldn't have thought 2m was NOT out of order. People are meant to "catch" it anyway and going on the videos that are shown anyone coughing or sneezing that way would need to wipe it off there cloths or be embarrassed when it hit some one nearby - almost like coughing out a ball of phlegm and saying sorry I just coughed something onto your head, coat etc.

Sorry needed to edit that - my bad, missing word

Last edited:

Yesterdays brief mentioned that a study showed that a mask didn't prevent people from catching CV19. I can believe that and may be why front line workers want to change masks regularly. Me - I bought some a while ago now to help stop someone here who has caught it giving it to all of us. No one has yet.

The video - it's a pretty well known fact that we breath out warm damp air - eg checking some one is alive with a mirror- the moisture condenses on it. It also condenses as it comes out when it's cold.

Possibly the problem (of many) involves the potentially moist barrier twixt mask and surrounding air, infected droplets can mingle with and pass through the moisture and some, small enough, may pass through dry mask pores.

But if we all wore masks there would be less likely hood of projecting at others ?? Don't know about breathing one's own for any length of time.

I am sure there are learned articles concerning face masks all over the net.

-0-
There we go - Americana.
https://www.uhhospitals.org/Healthy...-you-need-to-know-about-masks-and-coronavirus

Yes and this is the punishment from God

this is not a punishment from God.
this virus, is from human negligence. same as wars, and other pandemics of the past. we make our own mess, unfortunately innocent people suffer it.
if we listened to his instructions. we would not have these terrible horrific situations. but man knows better. ultimately to his demise.

Did the same in ancient Egypt a few years back
not the same, he warned pharaoh first,each time, before any judgements. the judgements were localised, targeted, and did not last long, if pharaoh would of let the jews go, there would of been no plagues , or deaths

Been bugging me this lately there's been no detail about quantification, dose etc, how much is a dose of Covid19 before you succumb? The technical term being 'viral load'

This is a response from a poster on another site whom I have no reason to believe is a Walt...

"I'm an immuno geneticist, not a virologist either, but to add to PeterWeb's response. We often titrate the number of infective particles in animal trials and we typically do not see a dose-dependent response with viruses. What we typically see is a 'threshold' over which there is a very high probability of an infection being established and above that it makes no difference if we use 100, 1,000, 10,000 times more virus. That threshold is typically many 1,000s of infective particles. Certainly in theory 1 virus getting into a cell is enough to establish infection, but it's a numbers game and as PeterWeb says, most will be taken out by the non specific anti-virus capacity that we all have in our mucous membranes, unless we are immunosuppressed.

Having said that, there are some pathogens where there is a dose dependent response: a very low infective dose seems to give time for the immune response to kick-in before the 'disease' becomes overwhelming. A lot depends on rate at which the pathogen multiplies early on, the nature of the pathology and the nature of the immune response."

Not, obviously tested on C19, but an informed opinion at least.

CG

Sponsored Links
Back