covid test centre is run by private firm Deloitte: a major Tory donor

Sponsored Links
start with people who can project manage.
they seem to have had a string of failures in both project management and auditing:

Deloitte fails to deliver government IT project, loses contract
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/...deliver-government-it-project-loses-contract/

Massachusetts grills Deloitte over large IT failures
Hearings over Deloitte's role in major IT disasters offer a fascinating glimpse inside the big money world of politics and technology.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/massachusetts-grills-deloitte-over-large-it-failures/

I'm sure Deloitte weren't chosen because they are a major donor to the Tory party

The usual reason for software projects going awol is the customer not specifying what they want correctly or incompletely. Companies bid for the work on that basis and changes make timescales run over and costs go up. It's typical or seems to be of any project the government is involved in.

In this case it sounds like Deloitte were being used to project manage. That means identifying the requirements and arranging for them to be done.

:( Doesn't sound like they are any good at it and Gov's can't project manage themselves. Seems our armed forces did all of this on their own but by using established techniques / procedures where they are now involved.

Could it be that the Government are trying to short cut the procurement process in order to increase the testing capacity and therefore are going straight to a company that they believe can deliver the results?
Gal and Notchy would rather they go through the full drawn out procurement process so they can twist they are not fast enough,,,I tell you,,,they are a class act.

Sponsored Links
tories live to exploit the misery of others.

It's in their DNA!

ian duncan smith was more lethal that the coronavirus!

I bet June 30th cant come soon enough for you to really leave all this Toryism behind and move to pasture new eh? It was June 30th at the latest for you to get settled status in your partners country, wasn’t it?

I bet June 30th cant come soon enough for you to really leave all this Toryism behind and move to pasture new eh? It was June 30th at the latest for you to get settled status in your partners country, wasn’t it?
Ah, here comes the chief 'needler' again...

Nothing to add yet again I see.

Best you go and play/fight with the dogs in your household for that bone you just can't seem to let go of (y)

Its eating you alive that Ellal wont tell you which country or when :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Its eating you alive that Ellal wont tell you which country or when :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You think? I think there is no other country or deadline for settled status. Time, and failure to respond, will tell. :whistle:

Last edited:
LOL There has been a political solution to CV19 and Brexit. Lots of trade routes to be kept open as usual as talks are proving rather difficult to finalise.

Ah, here comes the chief 'needler' again...

Nothing to add yet again I see.

Best you go and play/fight with the dogs in your household for that bone you just can't seem to let go of (y)

I reckon it was Russia ;)

The usual reason for software projects going awol is the customer not specifying what they want correctly or incompletely.

The mistake is asking the customer what he wants.

large, ramshackle organisations with numerous influencers are incapable of agreeing what they want. Government-directed ones appear to be the worst.

Consultancy co's know how to play the government like a mandolin, for their own profit.

speaking of government projects, they keep saying they'll be doing 100,000 tests a day by the end of April (that's next Thursday). That's "doing" tests.

I understand they haven't yet managed 20,000 a day.

The new online booking system closed down after handling 16,000 applications yesterday.

https://www.ft.com/content/99b9c49f-9477-45c0-88c2-8151b2f13796

Everything's fine.

Grant Shapps, transport secretary, said at the daily Downing Street press briefing “It looks like the trajectory to 100,000 tests by the end of April is going to be met in terms of capacity”

Sponsored Links
Back