Coving a curved ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to fit some coving in my bedrooms, but the ceiling curves towards the window in all of them, as shown in this image. Can anyone suggest a way to cove this without it looking hideous?

ceiling.jpg

Sponsored Links
Don't mean to be rude but coving would look awful in a bedroom like yours (or any other )

Ok thanks. There is nothing wrong with coving though, especially if you have an older house and perhaps some of the plaster work at the top of the Walls doesn't look so good. I've put coving in my lounge and it looks fine.

Can`t be done . you can only cove across 90degree wall/ceiling ;)

Sponsored Links
Nigef is correct. The angle coming down wouldnt normally be done and the lower angle wont allow coving to sit against it anyway.

Usually the coving would stop on the main flat ceiling just before the slope starts.

Here the coving would be cut like you would expect for a 90 degree external angle, and a small piece with a 'mirrored' angle would be fitted to fill the gap.

If any of that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back