Coving a wall/ceiling with 135 degree angles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently done up my on-suite bathroom and removed the old polystyrene coving and now need to replace it with some nice wood coving.

However in 2 places in the room there are 135 degree walls which are causing me a big headache. (Basicly its the corner of the room above the sink)

Does anyone know which angles i should be cutting the coving at on a 135 degree wall?

i have tried allot of cuts to get it right and still have no joy (even with a 67.5 degree cut).

Here is a picture of the area in question.
135degrees.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies

I didnt know such a device as the magic mitre existed!
So i ordered one.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
offer a piece of coving up to one of the wall sections and draw a line where the coving meets the ceiling. then do the same to the other sections. this will give you a line parallel to the angled walls.

then draw another line starting at the wall/ceiling/angle point bisecting the angle on the line you have just drawn. this should give the angle of cut.

hope this makes sense. :confused:

noseall said:
offer a piece of coving up to one of the wall sections and draw a line where the coving meets the ceiling. then do the same to the other sections. this will give you a line parallel to the angled walls.

then draw another line starting at the wall/ceiling/angle point bisecting the angle on the line you have just drawn. this should give the angle of cut.

hope this makes sense. :confused:

Yep "noseall".

But trying to explain to somebody that has never done it before can turn out to be trying to teach the wife to drive, hehe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back