Coving adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Paper-faced plaster coving going onto skimmed boarded ceiling & walls. Can I use a PVA based "No-nails" type of cartridge adhesive or do I have to use coving adhesive?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could use a cartridge type adhesive but why would you :!: (& I wouldn’t use No Nails). Most folks are removing coving nowadays as it’s only marginally more fashionable than Artex :LOL: But if I do fit it, I always use coving adhesive; it's designed for purpose & much, much cheaper! ;)

I always use dry-wall adhesive. And if you are coving on new plaster run a brush around where the coving fits on wall and ceiling with pva on it. It kills the suction and makes it easier to clean off the adhesive. I usually find out what the distance from ceiling the bottom of the coving is going to sit and I cut a piece of wood at that measurement and use that as a guide to tack some 1" sheridised pins every 18" around the wall to sit the coving on. It makes it easier when you can rest the coving on when you offer it up. After it is all up pull the pins out and fill the holes. Clean off your coving as you go with a scraper and sponge....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back