Coving conumdrum . . . what would you do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, pleased to report I have recently attended a painting and decorating course (nightschool, adult learning) at my local college and plan to tackle a first room at home (bedroom) with me new skills.

First, we would like to put up some coving, however the windows are quite high and so the gap between the window and ceiling is not sufficient to take the coving. Don't want to use very narrow coving.

So, would you:
a. Cut the coving around the window, or
b. Finish the coving before the windows i.e. don't take the coving around the windows
c. Don't bother coving cause it will just look daft.

Grateful for any advice, any other options . . . . many thanks.
View media item 52962

Sponsored Links
Hi All, pleased to report I have recently attended a painting and decorating course (nightschool, adult learning) at my local college and plan to tackle a first room at home (bedroom) with me new skills.

First, we would like to put up some coving, however the windows are quite high and so the gap between the window and ceiling is not sufficient to take the coving. Don't want to use very narrow coving.

So, would you:
a. Cut the coving around the window, or
b. Finish the coving before the windows i.e. don't take the coving around the windows
c. Don't bother coving cause it will just look daft.

Grateful for any advice, any other options . . . . many thanks.
View media item 52962

I think I would go for option B and fill in the gap between the window and ceiling if its not to wide.

Coving does seem to be "out of fashion" at the moment though, flat ceilings and flat walls are the "In" thing, the minimalistic look

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back