Coving End Piece

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Going to be coving the hall way at some point soon, I am ok with the mitres on the corners etc but I will be coving up to where the stairs begin and want to be able to close of the coving on that side, its a bit hard to explain really but normally on coving you are dealing with 4 closed in sides ie they each have a corner, when coving up to the stairs there is no corner, just an end. How do people do this normally, I am sure I have seen it angled but don't know what the term is.
Anyone know whats its called and how to do it?
L

Sponsored Links
Another query on coving, last time I did this I used ready mixed adhesive which was ok but went through loads. Is the powder any better? Also I have heard that I can use easy fill for this also, what about artex - I have heard this stays workable for longer but really I want something that isn't too messy (the ready mixed stuff is) and sticks really well.

It's called a return mitre see here the link shows skirting boards but the principle is the same.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back