Cowards way out to avoid second coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just spent the day doing hall, stairs, landing etc. Used a roller and extension where possible but there's so many fiddy bits.

I always apply a second coat of emulsion but the thought of repeating today is doing me head in. I was just wondering if I could get away with using the roller on the big areas and bugger the rest.

(I'm painting cream white over existing anaglypta)

Many thanks
L

Sponsored Links
Apologies, now realise this seems like a wind up.

I just meant whether there would be a big difference between the areas with one and two coats once the paint dries.

Ta

L

I'm painting my parents living room and finally painting over the horrible mushroom colour (to disguise nicotine) with matt white. After cutting in the ceiling/skirting I could see it was going to take two coats.

To do the whole room twice with furniture in the room disheartened me but i'm going do the chimney breast a few coats to get the white while one coat on the other walls to get the off-white that the cutting in has shown.

If that doesn't work i'll just bite the bullet. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Many thanks

I went from magnolia to cream white to it looks fine. I just didn't want to take another day on the walls when I still have all the gloss to do.

Might seem like a pain in the a$$ now but once its done it will be worth it. believe me !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back