Cowboy Builders - Roof Height Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I hope all is good with everyone.

Looking for some advice, as the extension we build to give our child his own room has sadly been hit with some cowboy builders. (We got references, recommendations, saw their previous work and they were not cheap)

In a nut shell they have built the roof two rows too high so the corner of the pitch joining the older property is too high and showing. This means it sticks out like the attached and they have just thrown on the lead and legged it not returning calls etc. Whilst we attempt to get any money back and go through court, I am now many thousands down with no funding to complete the internal aspects.

Is there a way out of this? Is it possible to leave as is and finish off and make water proof and visually better? Is a mistake like this even allowed for building control sign off? My fear is having to take down the rafters and start again reducing the wall size around the entire extension.

Opinions welcome and appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20201210_134840.jpg
    IMG_20201210_134840.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 290
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback, loving the paint arrows . This is reassuring. There is no flashing at the back as they just legged it after we asked them to sort. However it sounds like we can recover it?

Out of interest what did you spot on our neighbours property with the wtf comment. The huge amount of mortar?

Yes, too deep mortar and no undercloak/overhang. Has it been like that long?

Sponsored Links
It has been like that since at least 2012 when it was converted from an old farm house, we get on with the neighbours, so happy to tell them what sort of issues they can expect.

That part is currently just a storage area, barn like almost. You can see light coming through the roof in that area internally.

What can they expect with undercloak and no overhang?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back