cowboy builders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a look up my roof as i had leak to the back of where i took the photo. ...In the photo you can see the shoddy job that was left by unknown builders who were paid by the previous owners to replace half the roof. .....as u can see they put felt round the edges so it looked good from the ground......the leak was probably coming in n through one of the joins that they sealed

Cant seem to get the photo up.....will try later

Sponsored Links
How do i upload a photo? ....its in my album but cant figure out how to get it on the thread

Sponsored Links
As i said the previous owners paid for that half of the roof to be replaced....what they got was new felt round the edges and the seams tarred over...........the felt round the edges arent stuck down properly and the middle channel doesnt look right at all. The felt has been laid on top of the old stuff and the edges are causing the water to pool rather than run off into the channel........do u think this is acceptable work?

Where exactly is the leak?

The leak was around the first chimney area at the bottom right of the photo ....i painted the seams with thomsons roof repair as part of the seam could be lifted by hand........i ended up doing the seams all around the chimney area and so far so good

Thanks for upping the photo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back